We are group of Syrians hoping to be able to contribute to the protecting the Rights of Disabled Persons in Syria, especially during the Syrian Revolution
All members of this group are working towards promoting the rights of persons with disabilities. Our guiding principles are the following: No discrimination, equality of opportunity, effective participation in society, accessibility and full integration into the society.
The rights of persons with disability needs to be protected (especially during crisis and war) in accordance with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Our vision is to protect the right of persons with disabilities in Syria during the Revolution; and we believe that all people with disabilities should have:
· Freedom of choice,
· Freedom from abuse, neglect, and discrimination; and;
- Disability Rights, Syria provides detailed information and facts regarding the rights of persons with disabilities.
- Promoting awareness among people with disabilities of their rights
- Providing information, tools and referrals that empower individuals to advocate on their own behalf
- Investigating and, when appropriate, addressing reports of abuse and/or neglect
- Coordinate with international organizations and national NGOs to provide rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities. (Rehabilitation programmers